RET is committed to protecting the environment. Our objective is to achieve the highest level of environmental protection and sustainability throughout all phases of our operations. This is based on the philosophy that damage to the environment can be prevented and that a ‘Minimum Environmental Impact’ goal is achievable.
When environmental impact is unavoidable, we take a proactive approach to minimize the effect on the environment. Furthermore, we are ready to respond quickly and effectively to any incidents to minimize the impact, and to prevent similar incidents.
It is the policy of RET to abide by all of the environmental protection standards of Federal, State, and local regulators. The threat to our environment is real, and we will act on the opportunity to make a positive impact through affirmative leadership as demonstrated by this company. Environmental Protection shall be a top priority during the course of work under this contract. All employees shall be orientated to comply with all environmental protection requirements.
Environmental Protection Plans
- Soil Management and Disposal
- Oil Handling and Transportation
- Spill mitigation and response
- Notification on rare plant species
- Nesting/Migratory birds and sweeps
- Endangered species
- Post-construction Reclamation
- Noxious weed control and seeding
- Daily environmental inspections
- Bi-weekly environmental
- Corrective actions
- Daily Tool Box meetings
- Tracking of near misses and environmental hazards
- Weekly Safety and Environment meetings
- Reviews of our EPP’s
- Pertinent environmental reminders
- Monitoring environmental performance